I feel the need to apologize to all of you because you're going to get a very edited version of Beau's first 3 years, and I really feel like I'm cheating you out of something very special. For those of you who know Beau, you know that there is never a dull moment when he is around and I wish that I could somehow document every single second of it. I also feel like I'm doing him an unjustice since 3 years of his life gets edited, where his sister only gets about 6 months of hers edited. (Hopefully it will only be 6 months--- I guess it just depends on how long it takes me to get caught up on this blog) So I apologize if I miss anything important, but here we go with our first fabulous year of BEAU DANIEL RASH!!
Call me cruel, but I think every mother is guilty of taking the cross eye picture of their newborns. After we brought Beau home from the hospital, things eventually settled down and we were able to adjust to this new little person in our home. Beau and I finally got the whole breast feeding thing figured out, he was starting to develop a little sleep routine and things were starting to feel "normal"---- and then my 6 week maternity leave from work was up and it was time to go back to work. Now I don't know about all you other new mothers out there, but I think I was a little dillusional about my capabilities as a new mother. I figured that I'd be able to tend to my new baby, take care of my new house, excel at my job, and continue being the wife that my husband was used to--- and do it all with my makeup done perfectly, my hair styled just so and a smile on my face. Well, all of those little expectations of myself went flying out the window when I was faced with the idea of leaving my sweet 6 week old little boy for longer than it takes me to take a shower. Now I know that there are a lot of women out there who are these "super women" who can do all of those things that I mentioned--- and a huge kudos to you----but I do not count myself among you. Even though I had a whole bunch of help from my family--- Paul's mom Cheryl even started working four 10 hour shifts at her job so that she could take a day off during the week to help with Beau--- I couldn't bear leaving him. My job lasted only about 3 more months and both my boss and I decided that it was best that I resign and stay home with my baby. And thank goodness, Paul started a new government job that is much closer to home and pays well and things just seemed to fall into place. (Looking back now, I realize how blessed we truly were at that time--- and how hard my husband works to support his family.) So now, my days were spent enjoying my beautiful little boy, enjoying my new house, and working in my yard. Basically, I was doing all of the things I'd always dreamed of doing. How spoiled rotten am I??


Sweet Baby
Naturally, Beau's first year was full of "firsts". First tooth, first step, etc. etc...... Here are a few of my favorites!!
First swing in Grandpa Rash's arms

First Bath--- again... pardon the nudity!!

First Halloween as a glow in the dark Skeleton
First introduction to one of the most important things in a Rash man's life--- HOTRODS!!
First snowstorm
First attempt at feeding himself!
First Oreo cookie!!
First bowl of clam chowder!
First unassisted pull-up to the couch---- and he went straight to his toes!! 
First trip to the pool!!
Paul and I were both very excited to celebrate our first Christmas as parents. Kids are what Christmas is all about and having Beau made it extra special for us. A few weeks before Christmas, we had our family photos taken at our house. Of course, Beau wins the prize as the most photogenic in the family.





Christmas Day was a very eventful day. We spent Christmas morning opening presents with Grandma Cheryl, then went to Grandma and Grandpa Rash's house for more presents, and then later that evening, all of the Crump side of the family came over for dinner and more presents.
Opening his first dump truck 
Beau loved his new camo hat
Christmas chaos at the Rash House
Another first... Beau's first picture with Santa
Most babies have a lot of energy, right?? Most babies are pretty wiggly and squirmy and don't like to sit still for too long, right?? Well, Beau was definately one of those babies--- times 10. Once Beau figured out that he had legs, those little legs never stopped kicking--- and I mean never. Whether he was laying on the floor, sitting in his highchair, or sitting on someone's lap, he was kicking his legs. If he was awake, those legs were always on the move. When he started standing, it wasn't long until he figured out how to jump..... and that was it. The second his little feet touched a surface, he was jumping. All we had to do was hold him up so he didn't tip over and he would do the rest. He gave new meaning to the term "bouncing baby boy". So thank goodness Julee let us borrow her MegaSaucer. Beau would entertain himself for hours in that thing, just jumping like a mad man. We grew very accustomed to the loud banging noises that the attached toys made--- and we loved the little squeals of delight that Beau made at the discovery of his new talent.
Mid-Jump
But when he was done--- he was done!!
Later on that summer around mid July, Beau went on his first vacation. It is a tradition in the Crump family to go on a big family reunion of some type every summer. All 6 of us kids take turns planning it, and it turns out to be a hoot every time. The summer of 2006, we all traveled to Bandon Oregon to spend a week together in a beach house on the coast. Now mind you, there are 6 kids in the Crump family--- all with spouses, and all with kids.... and some of those kids have spouses and kids of their own. So it's no small feat to gather the "Crump Clan" together--- but we have somehow managed it every year for the last 10 years and we've created some of the greatest memories. And the thing that amazes a lot of people is how we all can be together for a whole week and end up not killing each other!! I give all the credit to my awesome parents!!



Only a few days after we got home from Oregon, we had a big Birthday Bash to plan--- Beau was turning 1!! And even though the whole Crump family had just spent a whole week together (without any murders), they were happy to come out for Beau's Birthday. Needless to say, the Crump family is a pretty big group--- but throw the whole Rash family into the mix and you've got yourself one heck of a party!!
Having a bit too much fun with the party hats!!
Well, that concludes the first chapter of little Mr. Rash, but rest assured--- there is much more to come!!!




4 comments:
I love this post Nikki! All the "first" pictures are so cute! I LOVE the photo of you at Christmastime looking into Beau's eyes... WHO took that?
It was so good to hear from you, Nikki! We really should get together since you live close. your little boy is a cutie! I saw him once at my house and thought he was a "beautiful" little boy. I hope that's okay to call him beautiful. :)
Hi Nikki
I am so glad that you started a blog too!! I love being able to keep up with everyone since we don't see each other very often. Love your guts
Nikki-
I agree those are the cutest of all pic's at Christmas time. Who took those? Just kidding I love your blog!
Post a Comment