Continuing the story of Mr. Beau--- sorry that it has taken me so long to update this thing. My goal is to be completly caught up by Christmas!
Beau took his first step 2 days after his 1st Birthday. Paul and I were so excited and Paul was almost immediately making plans to get him a bike and have him riding wheelies down the street by the next month!! Beau's new found form of independence made for some pretty interesting little catastrophies. Things like climbing into places that he used to not be able to get into.............
like pots and pans.......
like pots and pans.......
or the dryer.....
or the kitchen drawers!!He also figured out where Mom put his crayons and then used them where every kid likes to use them--- on the walls--- and then he ate them. Thank goodness non-toxic crayons and for Mr. Clean Magic Erasers---- they work like a charm getting crayon off the wall!!

In October of 2006, we celebrated Grandma Cheryl's 50th Birthday--- and we threw a big surprise luau party for her at our house. Her sister Christy and her best friend Rita even came all the way from Missouri!!Of course we don't have any pictures of Grandma Cheryl because she was always the one behind the camera. I don't think I'd have half of the pictures that I have of Beau if it weren't for her!!



For Beau's 2nd Halloween, we dressed him as a lumberjack. I tried to make him look as tough and scruffy as I could, but he was still just as cute as ever!



For Beau's 2nd Halloween, we dressed him as a lumberjack. I tried to make him look as tough and scruffy as I could, but he was still just as cute as ever!


Beau's next Christmas our biggest ever. We went crazy with the gifts, and I have to say, my Santa was very good to me that year. After that Christmas, we decided that we'd better scale back a bit in the years to come, but it was still a blast!




The Easter of 2006 was Beau's first and he had a great time hunting for eggs in Grandma and Grandpa Crump's yard with all of his cousins. He was a little confused about the whole egg thing, but when he figured out that they were filled with candy, he really enjoyed himself.



The day these pictures were taken will forever be etched in my mind as one of the most horrid days of my life---- the day I lost Beau. I had taken him to Kiddie Kandids at Jordan Landing and after a great photo shoot, I was so excited to pick out which pictures I wanted to take home. We were the last customers in the store and Beau was happily playing with the toys in the waiting area while I was going through his pictures. One of the employee's husbands came in with dinner for his wife and it was only a few moments later that I realized that Beau was missing. Frantic, along with the 2 girls that were working, I searched for him in all of the little studios and the bathroom, but he was no where to be found. There was no where else for him to go except outside. My knees got weak as I looked outside to see that a movie had just gotten out and the plaza was filled with people, and I knew that Beau was out amongst all of them somewhere. I ran outside and checked the back of the building, since that was the closest to the road and I most definately didn't want him to be there. Next, I ran to the front of the building and started to scan the crowd for him with no success. I was so panicked that my vision was blurred and I think I was on the verge of hyperventalation and I just couldn't focus. I was totally unaware of the husband of one of the Kiddie Kandids employees standing next to me, but I heard him say, "Is that him?" I looked to where he was pointing and there was Beau, looking at me with his little michevious grin almost taunting me, daring me to chase after me. He squealed and took of running at my first step towards him, but luckily the husband was faster than me and caught up with him within just a few steps. In the time that he caught Beau and brought him back to me, I was thinking of all of the ways I was going to punnish Beau and the scolding that I was going to give him, but when he was back in my arms, all I could do was just hug him and cry.
Great picures, but most horrid day of my life............


Now we thought that Beau's 1st Birthday was the party of the century, but his 2nd Birthday turned out to be the party of the millenium!! There were so many kids there, and so many presents!! Add the fact that Paul had just finished putting together his new swing set and filling his new sandbox up with sand that morning, and that a huge inflatable bounce house arrived around noon for the night's festivities---- yah, I think he was pretty overwhelmed! But we all had so much fun!




A few more of my favorite pictures of Beau from his 2nd year........


He never did master the art of feeding himself.......
But it didn't take him long to master this!!


No comments:
Post a Comment